2022 Leadership Academy – Sessions start June 2022
June 1 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$1500.00
Announcing the AMP Leadership Academy 2022!
(Applications due February 25, 2022 )
Start: June 2022 End: February 2023
Cost: $1500.00 (Sponsorships and scholarships are available)
The Achieving My Purpose (AMP) Leadership Academy is a 9-month cohort program designed for women of color who aspire to work toward achieving their life purpose and increasing their effectiveness in leadership. Engagement will include interactive/experiential learning and self-reflection.
All participants will work with a professional coach to further define their leadership goals and establish a plan to achieve them.
The Academy will teach young women how to:
- Create a personal definition of leadership
- Identify ways to establish yourself as a leader
- Define the qualities and characteristics of an effective leader
- Building trust in a collaborative environment
- Understand the value of supporting diverse perspectives
- Develop critical thinking, organizational, and time management skills
All interested participants must complete the application process in full and by the posted deadline. Application is not a guarantee of acceptance. If you are not accepted to a cohort, you will be placed on the alternate list in the event of a cancellation. There is no payment due with the application.
- Complete the Leadership Academy Application online (https://forms.gle/e6URbD6hjLnjdLr69)
- Submit 3 letters of recommendation. Letters should indicate how they came to know you and why you should be considered for the program. Letters should also include their contact information and full name.
- Personal Statement: In the application, you will be asked to provide a personal statement indicating why you want to be a part of the leadership academy. Include your short- and long-term career and leadership goals. We recommend that you compose this statement in a document PRIOR to completing the application and copying and pasting it into the application.
Academy Meeting Frequency and Time Commitment
- There are five, 8-hour sessions conducted every other month.
- Sessions are conducted in person in the Phoenix area, unless otherwise specified
- In the months where there are not sessions, participants should schedule time to meet with coaches, complete assessments, and meet with other cohort members.
- To successfully complete the academy, participants must attend all sessions. In addition, participants will be asked to complete activities, meet with a mentor, and complete self-assessments in addition to the monthly workshops.
- Participants should allocate approximately 10 hours each month for meetings and activities.
Eligibility to participate:
To be eligible to participate in this program you must be:
- Female who aspires to achieve a leadership position in either their place of work, community, or government.
- The program is designed for women ages 24-30.
- Willing to commit the time and activities required for successful completion (see above).
For questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org